Old 13-07-2003, 01:20 AM
Dave Allyn

Default Tomatoes not ripening

We have a red tomato on an Early Girl! Not quite ripe
enough to pick today, but it will be tomorrow. It's about
tennis-ball size.

My EG's are not that far along... course, they didnt' get into the
ground until the end of may... But My sweet 100's have a couple "red
but not quite ready to pick" on them.....

Planted Out - May 8 - in WalloWaters - our last frost date
is around May 31.

WalloWaters removed - sometime around June 15, so that the
cages could be put on

I have always wondered... I assume you are revering to the "coffee
can's" that are put around baby tom's... what is the purpose for
them? what do they do??

dave
Central IL small garden, but do my best!

email: daveallyn at bwsys dot net
please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!