Old 13-07-2003, 03:08 AM
Gene Schurg

Default Plant patents

Pat,

Funny you should mention Twyford's Lava Glow.....I started this discussion
because at the Home Depot in Reston there is a cart of out of bloom Phal
Lava Glow for 1/2 price. They have a Twyford's tag with the "don't you even
think about trying to make a copy of this plant" warning.

So they have patented a plant that Home Depot can't sell for 1/2 price
grin. Ok they are out of bloom but look amazingly well. I had to
look....it's like a car accident on the highway and you have to slow down
and check it out.

Now what I find really interesting is that they haven't even registered Lava
Glow on the RHS database? Furthermore, they don't have any particular clone
of Lava Glow indicated on the tag!

Good Growing,
Gene