Old 13-07-2003, 03:08 AM
Scott Teetsel

Default Mosquito Larva?

I looked up a picture of a damselfly nymph on hte internet and I don't think
that is it either. Their bodies seem are narrow, widen a little, then
narrow again. When I seem them (actually, it might only be 1 as I only see
1 at a time), it is usally resting on the gravel in the potted lilly. When
I approach it with anything, it bolts extremely fast to the other side.
They are deep enough that I can see them, but not very clearly.

Oh well.

Scott

"K30a" wrote in message

Okay ~~~
Hanging out on plant stalks is a good clue. Look at their hind ends. Do

they
have what looks like two to three feathery attachments?
If they do they are probably damselfly nymphs and you don't want anyone in
there to eat them, you want them to hatch into damselflies and chomp down

on
any mosquitoes that dare to enter your yard.
And if they aren't damselflies they are some other kind of critter and

most all
of them are benefical to one degree or another.
5,000 species of insects spend some or all of their lives in water.

k30a