Old 13-07-2003, 04:08 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default What are these white cottony-like thingies on my plants....?

In article ,
(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

Phaedrine Stonebridge said:

We had an extremely wet spring. And now a lot of plants in our garden
have this white, cotton-like fuzzy stuff on some of the stems and stem
axes. It reminds me of mealy bugs but I have only ever seen those
indoors before. Can anyone guess what we have please?

Well, I hope these aren't fungus patches. Pythium rots will produce patches
of white fuzz, and has been reported at higher than usual rates this year, due
to the wet weather.

We had an extremely wet spring here so that is also a possibility I
guess--- if it is white and cotton-like in appearance. Thanks. I will
look it up to see.