Old 13-07-2003, 04:08 AM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Artificial lighting

At 02:08 AM 7/13/03 +0000, Moontanman wrote:

I don't understand the desire some of this group seems to have to think that
plants only do well out doors. so many plants are grown indoors with
artificial
everything and they grow so much better than indoors in almost scary. why the
predudice for out door growing?

Moon

Tradition. We borrowed this sport from the Japanese and made it into
something else. It would be as if the Japanese tried to play baseball in
Samurai gear. The rules would have to change to accommodate the choice of
uniform. So if we take an outside tree and bring it indoors, it is not
quite bonsai because it breaks tradition. It might look like a bonsai and
you may love it. You may not be able to enjoy dwarfed trees any other way.

As I said before, do what brings you joy. Do not look for others to
approve your joy for surely you will lose it.

Kitsune Miko

Seascape
In a saucer
Feast for the eyes