Old 13-07-2003, 10:50 AM
David Rance

Default Monty Don

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, JennyC wrote:

It is such a joy to watch Gardeners World again since MD took over !!
A REAL gardener who knows what he's about and I love his baggy old
trousers :~))

Interesting how the attitude towards Monty has changed. When he started
doing gardening programmes on Channel 4 the general attitude was, "What
does *he* know about gardening?" and people were more than a little
scathing.

Not having watched GW since Monty took over can I ask whether he has
matured in the role of a gardening presenter or was he good in the first
place? (I did watch one or two of his Channel 4 programmes. I thought
they were good if a little simplistic - but perhaps that's what Channel
4 engaged him for.)

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |