Old 13-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Joseph Meehan

Default Help identifying a weed

I don't have a name to put on it, but it appears to be much like one
common in my area of central Ohio USA. It is not a problem in my
experience, not hard to kill remove etc. I have kept it under control with
just pulling it up. You may have a lot more and more established plants and
your weather and soil conditions may be different so it may be more of a
problem for you.

This kind of problem is one that your Local agriculture service should
be able to help you.

Interesting I don't remember ever seeing it in Ireland or during visits
to the UK.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Mathhew Johnston" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have been clearing out an overgrown garden (moved into a new flat),
and came across what seems to be a weed that has very tightly knotted
roots and spreads over quite a large area (digging up clumps of matted
roots about 30-40cm in size).
My main concern is that it still seems to come back up time to time (in
some areas there are still a lot of single roots, but don't seem to be
growing). I have attached 2 photot's of the plant, I would be grantful
if can you help me out in telling what it is and how to control it. At
the moment I don't want to plant anything in there until I know what it
is, as the roots system on the weed looks as though it would end up
choking the plants I would put in.

Thanks in advance,

Mathhew.

----