Old 13-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Kathie Kathie is offline
Registered User

Location: Durham, NC
Smile Transplant the gardener...

Hi!
I'm transplanted Zone 5 master gardener who is trying to be something other than a master dummy down here in Zone 7/8.
I have just purchased an acre of lovely--if slightly overrun--shade garden, and am happily going through my first year of watch and wait...learning what I have and what to do with it. Any hints on Triangle gardening in general, and hydrangeas iin particular? When do I trim back, and how much. Also, am I the only gardener down here who doesn't have the patience for the much-vaunted rose...? Will I be accepted in the community if my yard bears not a single rose bush...???...and does anybody want the ones I have...?