Old 13-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Jim W

Default (fake) rockery stones/bricks

Warwick Dumas wrote:

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fxxuyf.7kj9ht1rzpgbrN%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
Warwick Dumas wrote:

I decided now it sounds like hypertufa is quite a cost-effective option

but
I wondered if a peat-alternative would work. Does anyone know what the

point
is of including the peat? Obviously it's very acid whereas you don't

think
of mortar as being acid - does it create some kind of little bubbles?

The reduced usage of peat was only just properly beginning when Geoff
started experimenting with these recipes. By all means try some of the
alternatives. I think the man'd be proud-)
//
Jim

Does anyone happen to know the pH of powdered coir (the kind like you'd
probably get in a bag at a DIY centre).

Not off hand but it'd be easy enough to find out.. A little distilled
water and some litmus paper.
//
Jim