Old 13-07-2003, 05:08 PM
malcolm

Default Did I miss anyones ?'s

advice good or bad (bad allows people to argue),
the usenet newsgroups now that everybody has internet,
is doing for "everything" what it did for the Science community in the past,
ie; flow of ideas and information around the world.
regards malcolm

"PondWoman" wrote in message
m...
WOW, I had to replace 4 keys this morning from the meltdown. Let me
see if I can try and answer all the questions or comments.
Annie, yes, LOL i do wade sometimes, and I keep a picture of a little
2 ft alligator on my desk to remind me there are dangerous critters
lurking out there!
I came to the ponds site to give back a little of what I have been
blessed with. I dont sell to small pond owners. The ones who contact
me directly that have seen my work or know of it, I go out, take
readings review the situation and give them enough product along with
instructions, to get them headed in
the right direction. Sometimes I do this over the phone or via email.
Alot of this comes from referrals of people who I have already helped.
All this is done on my own time, I am not compensated in any way. In
return I make many friends and in some small way, help with our
environment. The website was set up for people who know me and my
work. Pictures are worth a thousand words they say, altho I admit I am
no photographer! My html skills are even more limited. I went ahead
and set up a forum for any folks who just wanted some practical
information.
I am in no way compensated for any of the information I was providing
here. Its all on my own time.
You are right in the fact there is no company mentioned and no place
to buy product. Yes, the company I work for has an intricate site, but
there is no mention of buying product, just technical information and
contact numbers along with pictures and information. Altho, in the
near future you may see product available to a larger retailer, this
is not my project and I will not be compensated in any way.
I am a believer in sharing information and also a believer in giving
back some of what has been given me.
My projects involve utility companies, research universities, new
product development, institutions, lake management firms, etc. I am a
member of many professional aquatics associations.
I do work in wastewater, altho its not my favorite job, I do it.
My work with small pond owners is all non gratis. I like it that way,
I have done my part and get a great satisfaction from that work.
Im not out to make any money here, I have been blessed in many ways.
Everything is not always about money.
I will read your posts, and if I can contribute I will, never want to
be considered pushy. I will never flame another poster or publically
disagree with any mention of treatment. If I see a post I agree with,
I will agree. My sole purpose here was to just share information I
have learned over the years.
PW ( which by the way was a nic name from a coworker, I am the only
female