Old 13-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Ed

Default Rose disease

In May, I planted a #1 "Eden" Climber rose. (Seattle area) June was
unusually hot for the NW, and less rainfall than usual. Rose has been kept
moist and regular fungicide sprays. At planting time, I used Osmocote
18-6-12, and after blooming began, I used Osmocote 14-14-14. (only one
application of each). The bush gets about 6 hours sunlight daily. Daily
highs in the 70's to low 80's and nightly lows in mid 50's.
My problem is this: At first, buds and blooms were prolific. Then, buds
started turning brown before they opened. The bud pedals eventually drop
off the bush after turning brown (without ever fully opening). Right now,
there are lots of buds, all of which are brown and beginning to loose
pedals.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Ed