Old 13-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Lil

Default grow shelf or mini-greenhouse for growing orchids outside in Napa valley?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a mini-greenhouse or grow shelf?
I'm looking for something with adjustable shelves, with a rack that
allows maybe 4-5 ft. clearance for some really tall orchids. I've
tried the Lee Valley grow shelf and it's nice but there's a middle bar
that gets in the way whenever I'm trying to get the plants on or off
the "top" shelf.

Incidentally, our yard is very sunny--it gets a lot of morning sun on
one side and the other side has a lot of afternoon sun. There is a
shady corner next to the house where I've sited the grow rack. The
summer highs are in the 80's and 90's in the sun, and the winter low's
are in the 30's and 40's.

So, the question is, could I carry it off--will the orchids survive?
Also, can I buy a better "greenhouse" system than the one I have? I
would like to buy another one because my collection is increasing...

Thanks in advance.

Lil