Old 13-07-2003, 11:15 PM
tim50stroud

Default leylandii nightmare

bnd777 wrote in message
you have my immense sympathy
as others have suggested see www.hedgeline.org and watch for the

government
to take up the Stephen Pound Bill and push it through ........they have
promised they will do so
Please write to your MP and ask them to write to John Prescott to insist
that the government does as its promised and brings in legislation to

contol
the menace of Leylandi and High hedges
Be sure to also explain the effect the trees have on your garden along

with
the height and spread details

I inherited a leylandi hedge when i moved to present house, and am glad i
didnt chop it down. 8 ft high and 2 think I trim it twice a year. Spoke to
the neighbour and negotiated the removal of some to give him more light and
all has been fine since. Good bird nesting places and escape for birds from
cats and i can run about the garden with my trousers off if i had the urge!