Old 13-07-2003, 11:15 PM
bnd777

Default leylandii nightmare

Thoroughly agree this approach should be the first second and even third
attempt ,,,,,,,and it would be wonderful to hear that it worked but if you
get the kind of response most folk get then clearly other avenues have to be
considered
"Kase" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

My neighbour to the rear of my garden has leylandii frowing. These block

out
the sunlight in my garden from just after midday.

Has anyone got any legal tips or persuading them to trim them down a few
metres?

Many thanks,

Richard

Have you tried just asking them? Quite often a neighbour will be unaware

of
the upset that is going on around them because people don't say anything.
Explain that the trees have now gotten so tall that they are 'blocking out
your light', 'killing your plants', 'stopping you using the garden' - just
plain facts. Don't go at it with the belief that they have 'done this to
you' as this could just start conflict.