Old 13-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Mike

Default Blackberry and Plum help

I didn't know that. Maybe you're right. I just seem to remember that
last year we opened quite a few up to find a maggot inside.

This led me to hink that these sugary droplets were as the result of a
wound healing on the fruit.

Mike

anton wrote:

Mike wrote in message ...

Pictures he
http://www.zen14024.zen.co.uk/garden/

Similarly, my crop of plum trees seem to have a large amount of fruits
where a fly or something seems to have burrowed in. The only evidence is
the dried sap hanging from the bottom of the fruit/ (Pictures on the
same link above)

Plums often have a little sugary droplet at the bottom without
a fly or insect being involved. Are you sure that there is
always a grub inside?

--
Anton