Old 13-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Some One

Default Mosquito Magnet Warranty Issue - Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

snip
(lightning, animals). Why would you send an email when you can talk
to a live person by simply calling them up yourself?

How many companies have a live person on the phone at 3am, or Sunday
afternoon?

Some folks don't have time to sit on the phone and wait. Also, email
leaves a record of the converstaion should any question about what was
said arise.

The machine comes with a year
warranty, in which they will replace any defective part, most of the
time, free of charge.

If I remember correctly, the manufacturer claimed "We only bundle the
powercord. We don't make it. So we won't warranty it." Of course this
is crap and I'd do a lot more complaining to the company about it -
ANY make sure others were aware of their poor atitude.

The unit would have gone directly back to Home Depot at that moment
anyhow. Folks just take too much BS from shoddy manufacturers and
their meaningless warranties.

If it is less than 45 days, they will send you
a whole new unit, free of charge. So what's the problem?

Assembling?
If you have enough free time to whine about it on the computer,

then
you have enough free time to assemble a few pieces of plastic, don't
you think?

RedWolf21X

"Marcosis" wrote in

message ...
I always take defective items back to the store (Walmart, Home

Depot,
whatever) as long as they will take them back. It is always less
frustrating than dealing with the manufacturer. Look how much

time you've
wasted on this already, much more than the Home Depot return

route!

Mark.

"Mike Cagle" wrote in message
om...
(marg) wrote in message

om...
yes, why didn't you just return it to HD? It seems to me that

you
took the long and frustrating route.

The Mosquito Magnet comes in a big box and requires assembly. I

don't
want to spend 10-20 standing in the customer service line at

Depot and another 20-30 minutes assembling a brand new unit when

only
the power cord is bad. Home Depot will not replace just the

power
cord.

It would not be the long and frustrating route if American

Biophysics
would simply honor their warranty and send me a new power cord.