Old 14-07-2003, 01:12 AM
Babberney

Default Is this oak wilt?

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:53:36 GMT, "SlinkyToy"
wrote:

Well, how 'bout I givee y'all a leaf to look at. Duh.

http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/oak/oakleaf.jpg

I tend to agree this is not wilt. The yellowing veins is, in fact, a
big indicator, but the characteristics are not quite what I'd expect
to see. Also, red oaks rarely last long once infected. If it had the
fungus, I doubt it would still be alive.

Still, I'm with teh other poster--don't want to call it over the
internet. I agree you should do a google image search (or similar).
Some, but not all, oak wilt sites have a photo of an infected live oak
as well as an infected red oak. Different species will show slightly
different symptoms. You might also try a search on "Quercus * yellow
veins on leaves" or similar; it's surprising how often you can come up
with a pretty definitive diagnosis this way.

good luck,

Keith
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html