Old 14-07-2003, 04:23 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default leylandii nightmare

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:06:01 +0100, Derek Banks wrote:

...Great thick roots are coming under the fence above the
ground and the life was being sucked out of that part of the
garden.

I've been told that if you put one drop of battery acid on the
cut end of a tree root, the entire tree soon turns bright yellow
and then dies. I've never actually tried this, but any port in a
storm.

Now what to do about our fence........ There is a limit to what you can
do from one side. I can't reach the bottom panels to re nail nor can I
replace new bottom arras rails. My neighbour's response is any work
that needs doing has to be done from your side. We have reached an
impasse. Unless I can do maintenance on both sides of the fence
ultimately the fence will have to rot and fall down.

You may have a legal right to go onto her land in order to repair
your fence. Again, I won't pretend that I know this for sure and
the law in the UK may very well differ from that in British
Columbia, but it makes sense for the law to allow such access to
neighboring properties.

chorus of "since when has the law ever made sense?"

Ask your lawyer to look into this question.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada