Old 14-07-2003, 05:02 AM
Bob H

Default Cheap rocks?

I bought a brand new house in a brand new neighborhood, they started the 2nd
phase (across the street) at the same time I started my pond.......it is
rocky where I live and well, every night the neighbors were treated to the
sight of that strange man in the green house going across the street and
gathering wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of rock......probably 10-20 tons
total (no really) I have a "dry" stream bed running down my side yard,
across my front yard along my driveway and up to the sidewalk about 70' by
5-7' wide all that rock was gathered in that manner, I also did buy 1 ton of
the squarish "coping" rock around my pond and some flagstone for the bottoms
of my waterfalls otherwise all the rock there is gathered to.....lot's and
lots of work but cheap :-[)
http://groups.msn.com/TheOldGardenPo...nw?albumlist=2

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
news

"Wilson" wrote in message
I like the looks of my waterfall but I checked around for prices of

small
white cobblestones because I liked the looks of them....$175 for a 1/2
palette (GAK!) That's not a lot of rock. Anyone know of a cheaper
alternative? I'm in central Missouri.

When I was digging my pond, I was lucky enough to find a construction site
on my way to work. They are digging an immense hole for the foundation and
dumping the dirt on the road side. The dirst is full of beautiful

sandstone
(i think). It matches the color or soil beautifully, so it looks very
natural. I am saving a bundle on the cost. I am using local stone so it
looks natural. And I guess, I am helping the construction site, as their
rocky fill, is becoming clean fill. *laugh*

BV.