Old 14-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Andy

Default leylandii nightmare

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:12:45 +0000 (UTC), "bnd777"
wrote:

the upset that is going on around them because people don't say anything.
Explain that the trees have now gotten so tall that they are 'blocking out
your light', 'killing your plants', 'stopping you using the garden' - just
plain facts. Don't go at it with the belief that they have 'done this to
you' as this could just start conflict.

Thoroughly agree this approach should be the first second and even third
attempt ,,,,,,,and it would be wonderful to hear that it worked but if you
get the kind of response most folk get then clearly other avenues have to be
considered

It worked for me; two of my neighbours have them. When we moved in
the one on the side saw me digging the totally uncultivated ground and
said 'Ah, you're a gardener - I'd better do something about the
Leylandii' - and cut them to six foot. The one at the rear said 'Do
what you like with them as long as you can't see in my windows.' He
then came out the next day and lopped the tops to ten feet and I keep
then trimmed for him. I did send my girlfriend to ask him as she's
/much/ more diplomatic then me. It may also help if you offer to do
all the work because as far as your neighbours are concerned you'll be
seeing all the benefit.

Andy