Old 14-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default What's eating my beautiful tomatoes?

Paul Okami said:

Hi...I'm relatively new to vegetable gardening so please parden my
ignorance. My tomatoes are doing beautifully, except for one thing--some
sort of worm has decidend to eat through as many of them as possible. The
damage looks just like that for an apple hosting a worm guest.

Is there some sort of "typical" worm or similar pest that likes tomatoes?
If so, how do I deal with him/her?

Maybe the tomato fruitworm. Here's one webpage, with good pictures (from
New Zealand):

http://plant-protection.massey.ac.nz...le10/tomfw.htm

UC Davis weighs in with control information:

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r783300111.html
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)