Old 14-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Tomatoes not ripening

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:27:29 -0700, (Glenna
Rose) wrote:

However, whichever ones are used will give a tremendous head start to the
grower, or so I'm told by those who know and have used them. Mine have
done so well in past years that I just "rough it" with my freshly mown
grass mulch. :-)

I think their usefulness is mainly in coolish, short-season
places (such as ours).

Our last expected frost date is June 1, but two of the three
years we've lived here we had killing frosts in mid-June.
Then our first frost date is around October 1.

This is a fairly short season for tomatoes, plus the nights
in June stay pretty cool here - sometimes down into the 30s,
often into the 40s.

Pat