Old 14-07-2003, 02:54 PM
BenignVanilla

Default algae for vanilla

"PondWoman" wrote in message
om...
yes, BV, i like a kelp extract product. Its safe and effective. I prefer

to use things that dont harm our environment, the plants, or the fish. Often
times I use the 2 together. Sometimes I find that people destroy the
beneficial bacteria and its necessary to add a beneficial bacteria, I have
ones that i prefer, but it just comes from years of working in aquatics.
PW

PW...do you treat algae problems in any other way, besides the bacteria

you
advertise on your site?

BV.

I guess what I meant was...do you have any non-additive treatments? I don't
like dumping anything in my pond, so I have managed algae blooms with
plants. Now admittedly, I am first season ponder, so I may have beginners
luck, but IMHO, I'd rather way-overplant a pond to control algae, and then
throttle plants back as needed instead of dumping chemicals or other
'additives'.

I figured as an algae expert, you would have an arsenal of attack methods,
that include more then just additives.

BV.