Old 14-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Intro & Stuff

Would anyone know if the Pyrochomeles is subject to oak root fungus?

Which oak root fungus? Do you mean Armellaria root rot?

Pyrachomeles is, (I think), a hybrid of Osteomeles and Pyracantha.
Pyracantha is moderately to highly susceptible to Armellaria, so the
susceptibility of the hybrid will depend on the susceptibility of the
other parent, and I don't know that, Osteomeles being an obscure
genus.

Anyway, to inhibit Armellaria, which spreads by shoelace-like
rhizomorphs, just trench around your trees once in a while.
--
Nina Shishkoff

Frederick, MD

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: