Old 14-07-2003, 05:13 PM
Tom J

Default Cedar siding to mulch?

"Ann Onymous" wrote in message
I have a large quantity of cedar siding that was installed on the
exterior of my home, and which is being removed (don't ask, long story).
It's not treated, painted, or stained.

Assuming I pull all the nails, can I turn it into good mulch for the
neighborhood? I hate to waste it, and pay $400 for a dumpster in the
process! If it can be used, any recommendations on what kind of
chipper/shredder I'd need to rent?

My city will send the chipper truck out, do the chipping, and then dump the
chipping in a neat pile anywhere they can back the truck. You can also rent
medium size chippers that will do the job.

Tom J