Old 14-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Tom J

Default Chipmunks

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
"You don't seem to know the difference between "playing GI Joe" and
protecting your yard and home. "

Yes I know the difference. The original poster used the terms warfare
and chemical weapons, not me. He was clearly enjoying making a war
game out of his animal problems. Many people rush to exterminate
everything in site at the first excuse, even if there is no clear
need. And I think anyone with this posters way of expressing
himself is headed in that direction.

I don't enjoy exterminating anything!! When the corner of my house started
settling and the contractors dug down and found the foundation tunneled
under with many runs from chipmunks, I did the most humane thing possible to
eradicate the problem, and that was rat poison. I used the tern rat because
they are both rodents and both, left uncontrolled, do tremendous damage.

My property is a haven for birds, squirrels, neighbors cats, neighbors dogs,
and other surface animals, but you can take it to the bank, I'll not
tolerate burring animals anywhere near my house again.

It cost me $8,000 to get my house jacked back up to level, hydraulic
concrete pumped in under the foundation, and the bricks replaced on that
corner of the house.

If you want to tolerate such destruction on your property, fine, but if you
live near me, you are going to see a lot of migration through your property
until these chipmunks are brought completely under control in this yard.

Tom J
Who only sees them every couple of weeks now