Old 14-07-2003, 05:46 PM

Default need info on how to save trees in yard

We recently moved into a new house on an acre and a half of land in
Bastrop TX (near Austin). Several people in the neighborhood told us
trees in their front yard died about three or four years after their
house was built. I presume that was caused by damage to the root
system during construction. The foundation, sidewalks and driveway
have undoubtedly caused damage to nearby tress. Is there anything I
can do now that will prevent our trees from dying three to four years
from now as trees in others yards have? Or is it too late and just a
matter of time? The trees we're most concerned about are oak,
although I don't know what variety they are.
Thanks,
David Seppala