Old 14-07-2003, 08:14 PM
Sobriez

Default Lawn Tractor - help buying

I ended up buying a John Deere after all. I bought a used JD185 hydrostatic
that came with a trailer and bagger for $750USD.

"Sobriez" wrote in message
I can't say the same for any JD dealers in my area, they won't deliver no
pickup available for warranty - scratch- crossed off my list....

wrote in message
Hi Jack,

You can't go wrong with a John Deere. Their service after sale, at
least in my area of So. California, is unbeatable. They replaced an
engine in mine that lost one of two cylinders after hundreds of hours.
They said: "that never should have happened." I got a new engine at no
charge at all & even free pickup & delivery!

Jim
San Clemente, CA

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:02:24 -0400, "Sobriez"
wrote:

Hi,

I have about 1/2 acre to mow with several obstacles, but mostly flat.

I am looking to purchase a lawn tractor.

I have looked at MTD, Craftsman, John Deere and Kubota - all of which I

can
get parts and service easily (no other brands in my area like Cub

Cadet)

I've narrowed it down to three:
John Deere L110
John Deere LT150 or LT160
Kubota T1570

There's about a $1000CDN difference between the L110 and the others.

I've
seen some negatives about the L series JD's, and some rave reviews.

Does anyone have any experience with any of my contenders??

Parts/service
are important to me. Is the L series really that bad.

Thanks

Jack in Canada