Old 14-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Peter Reynolds

Default Which type of grass, and when to act?

Marvin & Sue wrote:

We are in Zone 6 in East Tenn and use creeping red fescue [for
shady areas]with Kentucky 31 tall fescue [for the sunny areas].

Thanks for the reply!

I've just come across mentions of grass seed blends that purportedly
grow well in both sun and shade. (with a different type of grass
dominating in each) An example (and I'm sure that there are many
others) is a tall fescue mixture called "Rebel Jr." from Lofts. It's
claimed that this brand also grows more slowly than many,
(necessitating less mowing) stands up relatively well to drought
conditions and retains more of its green color during the colder
months.

Is any of the above accurate, or is this an overpriced pig in a poke?