Old 15-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Wendy Chatley Green

Default Where to put compost bin?

For some inexplicable reasons, "Warren" wrote:

:The bin should be where it's convenient on a cold, rainy night when
:you're debating whether it's close enough, or whether you'll just send
:the scraps down the garbage disposal instead. Put the bin on the far
:side of the yard, and those food scraps won't make it there all winter.

OTOH, some places don't have enough winter to deter anyone and
some people are able to let their scraps set until the rain stops.

My compost heap is in the far back of my lot behind an azalea
and a tangerine tree, out of sight of my neighbors' patios. It only
took a couple of reminders before my husband stopped using the
disposal for everything.

--
Wendy Chatley Green