Old 15-07-2003, 12:53 AM
Ghazanfar Ghori

Default Identify a plant

Could be alternanthera reineckii.

"Andrey Tarasevich" wrote in message
Hello

I have a plant I would like identified. I tried looking for a picture of
this plant on a couple of Web sites, but I couldn't find one. The plant
has very distinctive look so, I hope, it shouldn't be too difficult to
identify it from a mere description.

The plant has elongated roundish leaves. Top surfaces of the leaves are
green, bottom surfaces are violet/purple. The leaves are visibly ruffled
and the edges seem to wrap up a bit. Every now and again the stem splits
into three stalks - the middle stalk continues to grow up, while the
side ones hold the leaves. Looks like every split is rotated 90 deg
relative to the previous one.

Does anyone know what's the name of this plant?

--
Best regards,
Andrey Tarasevich