Old 15-07-2003, 01:42 AM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Repotting Buttonwood

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Parr"
Subject: [IBC] Repotting Buttonwood

Dale,

Never tried a overwintering a tomato,

My "inside garden" consists of two 400 watt metal halides on a 10' track

with
dual light movers, 10 4' fluorescent shop lights, and a few spot

"grow-lights".
All built on 3/4" PVC stands and a three tier Burpee seed starting stand
(Christmas present from the wife a few years ago). My Ficus seem to love

it
during the winter, even throwing lots of new growth. Thermostatically
controlled propagation mats or even a humidifier would be no problem to

rig up.

That sounds good. I WOULD recommend the heating mat. I have a friend with
that same setup( moving metal halide's, mat) and he has great success with
buttonwoods. He also has a great sunroom for them to boot in the winter.
One other thing I don't know if Mary mentioned. When it gets scale/ mealy
bugs ( and it will).... no malithion!
Dale

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++