Old 15-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Tom J

Default Is it too late to water my lawn?

"Gene Moon" wrote in message
That is what I have been doing Tom, I have been watering an inch every

four
days. Does sound about right to you?

Gene

Scratch down and see if you still have moisture a 1/2 inch below the
surface. If so, you may want to go a little longer between putting down on
inch, or cut back to 3/4 or 1/2 to maintain moisture. Just don't cut back
to the 15 minute thing!!

Tom J

"Tom J" wrote in message

"Die Spammer !!!" wrote in message
Gene Moon wrote:

I had surgery about three weeks ago and since then I have not

watered
my
lawn. For obvious reasons, my lawn is now all yellowed out with a

few
patches of green here and there.

I live in Oklahoma and the weather had been very hot lately.

Is there a way to resurrect this grass? I am recovered from surgery

and
therefore can go back out there and try to work again if possible to

revive
the grass.

Thanks
Gene

water for 10 -15 minutes every day and you will notice reqrowth in a

week
maybe
less

Watering 10 - 15 minutes a day is not the way to water grass in OK for

sure.
That much watering would evaporate before it ever got to a grass root.

He
needs to put out several containers to catch water and sprinkle until at
least 1/2 inch of water is in the containers if they have straight up

sides,
more if tapered sides. I'd say the amount now should be about 1 inch to

get
top moisture to meet ground moisture that may be 6 or 8 inches down.

Tom J