Old 15-07-2003, 01:52 AM
animaux

Default Best time to trim oak?

It's relatively safe to prune large cuts sometime in mid-summer and
December/January. Those are the times the pathogen vector is alive and carrying
the oak wilt to open wounds.

To be completely safe, I would wait till winter. If you have oak wilt anywhere
within five miles of your house, wait, if you can. Small cuts which are poking
your eyes out when you mow or walk by can be made, but I'd clean the sequiturs
with lysed in between each cut regardless how small.

IMO

Check with Texas A&M for a positive answer.

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:56:57 -0500, "David"
wrote:

In your opinion, what is the best time of year to trim oak trees?