Old 15-07-2003, 02:48 AM
John Hines

Default sonic device work?

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

"infoseeker" reply by post thx wrote in message
I went to the nursery where I got my coyote urine, and talked to them some
more. They sort of turned their eyes sideways when I asked if it really
worked. Then some statement like, "well, if you have coyotes in your

area,
then it will work." I refrained from saying well, if they're in my area,

wouldn't need the urine. At any rate, they recommended a sonic noisemaker
thing. Has anyone tried it?

They claim to use it themselves (I saw the box). Years ago I tried one

from
Costco for moles, and it didn't do anything. My family thinks it's a bad
idea based on that. Electric fencing seems way over kill for a whiskey
barrel water garden!

If by sonic device you mean the crack of a .22 caliber bullet exiting the
barrel of a rifle, then yes, they work.

Unless your an excellent marksman, a short barrel shotgun is the
preferred weapon. A discussion in another newsgroup about home security
came up with that as "the ultimate point and shoot weapon".

For "Varmits" a small bore gun will do, as the sound of the shotgun
chambering should be enough to stop any two legged night crawler in
their tracks.