Old 15-07-2003, 05:24 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Purple Pole Beans?

In article ,
Frogleg wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:39:56 -0500, Phaedrine Stonebridge
wrote:

I just love purple beans (they turn green when you cook them). But all
I have been able to find are the bush type. Does anyone know of a
purple pole bean variety?

Sigh. Search on "purple pole bean".

You have no cause to be snarky; purple, edible podded pole beans are
hardly ubiquitous. I *have* searched every one of our 60-70 garden
catalogues as well as google w/o much luck. Mayhap you were unaware
that some varieties of purple and red are not really edible podded. We
already, in fact, purchased and planted one type only to find out later
it is not an edible pod. I was hoping someone here had experience they
might kindly share. Obviously your experience falls in another realm,
Prince Charming. (:P