Old 15-07-2003, 05:32 AM

Default Plant Labels - from used aluminium cans

"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
Pat Meadows wrote in
:

Or cutting up an old mini-blind. (Or a new mini-blind, for
that matter.) A mini-blind makes hundreds of labels.

Pat

You should be careful using in old mini-blinds for anything, as older

stuff
(and even some newer stuff) used lead as stablizers. Probably only

applies
to vinyl blinds but I wouldn't be surprised if some really ancient stuff
had lead in the paint. Do a search if it applies to you.

- Salty

I suspect the lead was used as color much as lead and titanium oxides in
paint.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...1995+%7C+1994+

Environmental Lead Sources
.... Miniblinds In June of 1996, the US Consumer ... Mini-blinds which have
been purchased
since July 1996 should ... Safety Alert!...New Source of Lead Poisoning
Identified ...
stopleadpoisoning.com/enviroleadsources.html - 31k