Old 15-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Jim Thomas

Default Zuccini

You should do what I found out on this (or another) newsgroup several years
ago:

When you get both male flowers (regular stems) and female flowers (stems that
look like little zucchini), take a small paintbrush, use it to get pollen
from a male flower (inside it, at the stamen) , and brush it on a female
flower (inside it, on whatever it's called). You'll get the idea. It will
increase your squash yield by a bunch.

Dave&Dana Gaunky wrote:

This is my first season growing zuccinni, black beauty variety. It's now
about 8 inches tall and the foiliage is looking great, and earlier this
morning I noticed what appeared to be some flower buds starting low on the
main stem. My Q is is this normal, and will the little zucc's be blander
because of it? Thanks for the help.