Old 15-07-2003, 05:42 AM
K Barrett

Default stupid, stupid, stupid... but I got 'em on sale!

Yes, I think the 10 minute bath *and continued proper care* will bring them
around. Don't go overboard watering them either. Just put them back on
schedule with your other plants and see how they respond.

I don't know if you pulled them out of the pots or not. You probably could
wait a week or so and see if your care makes them perk up. If not then check
the roots. Repot into a medium you are familiar with into a pot just large
enough to hold whatever roots remain..

K Barrett

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
OK- so I was at Lowe's today, and I noticed several Dendrobiums on the
"dead and dying" rack. Actually, they were just past bloom and mostly
in severe need of water. So I talked to the nice lady with the manager
tag and asked how low she could go....

A dollar a piece... I came home with 21 plants... 19 Dend's, and 2
Phal's. Not bad, huh? Most have tags, and I got enough new ones that
I'm happy as a clam. Those that are extras, I'll take to my friendly
neighborhood orchid society meeting as door prizes. Greater St. Louis
Orchid Society, at the fabulous Missouri Botanical Gardens! (a quick
plug...)

So I'm completely submerging them for about 10 minutes. Do you think
that will be enough to bring them around? What's the consensus on
food- I added about 1/2t to about 4gals water, let me know if I
screwed up. Any other suggestions on their care?

Also, I've recently was given a couple of Phal's and an Onc, I think,
that are a bit shriveled... how can I perk 'em back up?

Thanks a bunch- I'm learned a lot from the group over time....

Kevin