Old 15-07-2003, 10:22 AM
Amanda Pope

Default Cracks in lawn

It sounds very much like you lawn has been laid on heavy clay. Try a trial
excavation and check the depth of topsoil.
I suspect you will find that there isn't any or there is very little.

Check with the Planning Authority ( Local Council) what the condition on
depth of topsoil was on this development.
You will have comeback on the developer if it has not been properly
installed.

I would also keep a keen eye on the house if cracks appear inform the
Council and the developer as soon as possible.

If your lawn is directly on clay this will happen every time there is a dry
spell and you will never get a decent lawn.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

Heringbone wrote in message
My garden was laid 2 years ago. It was a new house then. This year cracks
have emerge in the lawn about 1" wide and 1 foot deep or more. I assume
this is because of lack of water, drying out, etc. One side of the garden
is old trees that have been around for 100s of years. What is the best
method of getting rid of the cracks? Fill them with watery soil? All
comments welcome.

Thank You

---