Old 15-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Ray

Default water before fertilizing?

Assume one plant is diseased. The very instant you dunk it, you have
potentially contaminated the bucket full of fertilizer solution, which means
that any other plants dunked in the bucket can pick it up.

The issue isn't simply the bucket itself, but its contents as well.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"LYNN32141" wrote in message
In article , "Ray"

writes:

When you dip into a common bucket, you risk transferring pathogens
immediately upon contact.

Interesting Ray.. I didn't know that.. So if I use a specific bucket

strictly
for the soaking and fertlizing of my orchids and no other use, then I can
contaminate them??

Hmmm, me thinks I'll rethink how I fertilize my babies.

Lynn