Old 15-07-2003, 01:12 PM
NS9G

Default do tomatoes use water overnight?

"Pat Meadows" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:09:34 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

Just water the b***** things in the evening, don't wet the foliage. This

way
they have the night to take up water without the stress of the sun.
There is so much Bull Sh** spoken about watering plants,
Don't water in sunlight or the droplets of water act like magnifying

glass
and burn the leaf,
Don't water at night.
Hose over the plants with week feed as folia feed.
Don't get the leaves wet
Etc. Etc.

I agree. I water (basically) when it's convenient for me to
do so.

Whether they be tomatoes, corn or African Violets, the best time to water
your plants is when they need it. A lot of hooey has been spread by
newspaper and magazine writers who have to come up with something to write
every day or month.

Bob
Chicken Little was right.