Old 15-07-2003, 01:52 PM
animaux

Default Plant Labels - from used aluminium cans

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:00:44 -0400, "Don K" wrote:

Aluminum is an element and strictly speaking, is not something that
is man-made.

That's correct, but I no longer buy soda in cans for my husband. I only buy
plastic bottles and they all go to the recycle municipality in our city. There
was a report, and I don't remember where, but I do recall it was credible that
there is a lot of aluminum found in the soda they house. I never bought another
can and only used frozen vegetables unless they come from my soil.

What credible authority recommends that? NIH doesn't.

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/external/faq/alum.htm

Very true, but my guess is the cans we find soda in are not pure aluminum, but
some sort of alloy primarily made up of aluminum. I also use parchment paper to
cover oven cooked meals and put the aluminum over the paper so not to touch the
food.

It may all be silly and a part of the grand fear machine in the U.S. Who knows.

Considering that the earth is 8.1% aluminum, I'd say it would be
entirely fitting to have some aluminum in the garden.

Don

I-did-not-know-that!