Old 15-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Some One

Default Substitute for grass - Zone 3a

Looks very interesting.

THANKS!

"mmarteen" wrote in message
Check out Nichols nursery grass mixes, they have grass with some

chamomile
and wildflowers. You probably have to reseed a couple times to get

a good
"lawn" going. I am trying their drylands mix this fall in a new

area.

www.nicholsgardennursery.com

mm

"Some One" wrote in message
. ca...
Hey all!

I really enjoy reading the posts in here... Lots of useful and fun
information... I noticed the posts about a lawn full of violets

and
can image that it looks really nice in bloom, but I guess with the
grass able to grow tall that you couldn't really keep it natural.

I was just wondering, here in Calgary, Alberta... What would be a

good
substitute for a grass lawn? I'd still want something green. It

would
be great if it spread out instead of getting tall to avoid the

need
for mowing. Of course it would need to withstand some foot

traffic. It
it would flower it would even be nicer.

I doubt anything like this really exists as it would probably be
pretty popular, but it can't hurt to ask, can it?

: )