Old 24-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Jim Carter

Default Growing greens indoors

On 24 Jan 2003 22:22:27 GMT, (JTULL5) wrote in
rec.gardens.edible:

I'm think about growing lettuce / greens in my basement near the small basement
window. This window faces south, so gets lots of light. I was going to hang a
small platform from the ceiling in front of this window, and put the pots or
flats on this platform, so the lettuce should get as much light as this window
can offer.

The basement is unheated and usually about 50 to 60 degrees.

Do you think this will work?

It would be nice to have 'good fresh greens every day of the year'.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

There are about 400 different types of lettuce. Some of these can actually
survive a light frost and others require very warm temperatures. Obviously,
choosing the correct variety is necessary. I wish I could help you there but I
cannot; perhaps your seed supplier can recommend one.
--
Gardening Zones
Canada Zone 5a