Old 15-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Let's Talk About Mulch

Shiva wrote:

You've sold me. Now I just need a crew of magical gardening elves to
appear and plant that alyssum. Or are you telling me I can just "throw
down some seeds" and they will take? I actually have some packets from
a couple of years ago that were intended for a bed that never happened
because roses happened..

I literally just sprinkled seeds. They are annuals (I think) but appear
to reseed themselves every year so they behave, in my mind, like
perenials. Fortunately, the alyssum seems to enjoy the same fertilizers
that I put on the roses. Good thing or the alyssum would be a goner.
*smile*

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu