Old 15-07-2003, 10:09 PM
animaux

Default How do i tell when watermelon is ripe?

I never grew melons till I moved down here to Texas, where they are ripe by
July, but growing since March. They are ripe when they fall from the vine, or
the vine falls from it. Try to keep it out of direct contact with the soil, if
possible. It will also sound hollow when thumped or patted, and/or if the
blossom end is softer than the rest of the melon, or if you can smell it.

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:03:08 -0500, "john doe" wrote:

Have a watermelon vine that sprouted on it's own. Has a huge watermelon
growing. How do i tell when it's ripe?