Old 16-07-2003, 12:12 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Purple Pole Beans?

In article ,
Aaron Baugher wrote:

Phaedrine Stonebridge writes:

You're right! I yanked out the VBSC catalogue and it was kinda
tucked in between the cowpeas and bush beans. And they are only 65
days so I am going to order some. Thanks! They also have the
streaked "Rattlesnake" variety which is very tasty too.

Order early. We've been ordering from Vermont Bean for several years,
and they've been very slow the last two years. It seemed like they
shipped things out this year based on who had called to complain
lately. Luckily I had leftover seed from last year for most things.

Our order this year was staggered in 5-6 seperate mailings from them!
And it was not a large order as we obtained most of our seeds from other
sources. OTOH, they sent us a large quantity of free peas described
only as "experimental". LOL. I hope they get over their problems as
they have always been one of my favorite suppliers.