Old 16-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Bruce Sinclair

Default Do Theories Have to be Testable to be Scientific?

In article 7gMQa.64455$N7.8250@sccrnsc03, "Jeremy" wrote:
"Richard Alexander" wrote in message
. com...

In light of the other replies so far on this thread, I wish I had also
asked for the background of the responder.

Everyone else has said the same thing I have...

A theory *must* make predictions, that's what a theory is, predictions must
be testable. As I said, *by definition* a theory *must be* testable. If
it's not, it's not a theory.

Of course .. it might not be testable yet ... or in fact, ever

Theories are just that - ideas. Some can be tested and some can't.

Bruce

Oook !
NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !