Old 16-07-2003, 03:44 AM
Warwick

Default Butterflies

In article ,
says...
Warwick pushed briefly to the front
of the queue on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:20:53 +0100, and nailed this to
the shed door:

^ In article ,

^ says...

^ "Mike Roscoe" wrote in message
^ ...

^ . Today I was surprised to see a Comma taking an
^ interest in my pelargonium flowers, I haven't seen a Comma butterfly in my
^ garden for quite a few years, things are looking up!

^ Must be a good year for Commas Mike, we have seen several in and around our
^ garden this year. Normally we might just see one.

^ Since someone brought up the topic....
^ Does anyone know what this one is.
^
^
http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/urg/flutterby1.jpg
^ http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/urg/flutterby2.jpg
^
^ There isn't anything that quite matches it in our wildlife book, but
^ that only has 5 pages of butterfly pics.

Great picturs. Against all the odds, it appears to be a Comma ...

*chuckle*

Having been told that. A google with the keywords "Comma butterfly UK"
confirms it.

I don't know if there's any conservation society tracking sightings of
what appears to be a recovering population, but this one turned up in
Leicester.

As to the pictures, I tend to have the camera near to hand around the
house and garden most of the time and that Comma was courteous enough to
stay still while I crept in gradually, although it wouldn't listen to me
willing it to turn around a bit.

For a photo of wildlife complying with the 'turn around you bugger'
willpower I need to go back to March and..

http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/m...frog3small.jpg

Wariwck